Product Manager - API & Developer Platform
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking an experienced and driven Product Manager to lead product management activities for our public API. You will be on the team that covers product areas such as the user experience, API, developer ecosystem, and backend infrastructure. Your mission will be to lead the next-generation cloud connected hardware strategy. You will drive the strategy to expand the capabilities of Meraki’s cloud management APIs and collaborate with product teams across the company (wireless access points, network security appliances, intelligent video cameras and more).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution. You will team up with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we have the best user experience and the most advanced cloud platform in the industry. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and collaborate with our extraordinary sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth.
You will have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing connected hardware companies in the world, reach a global customer base, and work at the cutting edge of large scale cloud managed hardware.
Every day is truly unlike the one before. Your penchant for approaching problems with creative solutions, sincere passion for engineering, and ambition to be part of (and lead) an innovative and inspiring team are the tools that you’ll need to be a Meraki Product Leader.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Define the strategy for the Meraki API (REST and Webhooks)
- Discover and prioritize customer use cases and requirements to expand our products to new markets
- Work closely with our elite engineering teams to continue to simplify our best in class user experience
- Define product strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Team up with our rapidly growing sales teams and partners to solve customer problems
- Define and drive discrete components of a cross-product unification strategy across all layers - engineering, sales, marketing and product
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- Technical background in cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Have worked cross-functionally on large projects with multiple engineering teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree
- You have a real passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging disruptive technologies
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about top customer problems
- You are able to easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people
- You have an ambitious, can-do attitude with an intuitive understanding of product quality
- You love solving technical problems in creative ways
- Experience with or certified in Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience working at a SaaS or PaaS enterprise company
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.