This free ebook describes how a sales content management solution can help your company
What You'll Learn:
- What is sales content management and how it can help my company?
- How does sales content management differ from traditional storage such as Wikis, Cloud Storage, Sharepoint, and file shares?
- How do I build a business case and convince internal stakeholders to act?
Use this guide when planning for a sales content management initiative.
Table Of Contents
Pg 3 - The Business Case
Pg 12 - Aligning Stakeholders
Pg 18 - Solution Requirements
Pg 21 - Return on Investment
First 3 Pages
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO SALES
HOW TO TURBOCHARGE SALES AND MARKETING PRODUCTIVITY
Table of Contents
3 The Business Case
12 Aligning Stakeholders
18 Solution Requirements
21 Return on Investment
A typical marketer or salesperson produces thousands of pieces of content (emails, spreadsheets, proposals, reports, pitches, notes) annually and the rate of this content
creation increases everyday. To manage this growth and to leverage content’s in fluence on the sales cycle, sales content management systems and solutions like Box and SharePoint are adopted to:
1. Give salespeople one place to download the latest and greatest approved collateral.
2.Make it easy to share with colleagues internally and externally.
3. Replace legacy file servers with a user interface designed for salespeople.
However products, workflows and information change all the time, which makes it impossible to keep the single sales repository up to date with all the latest rules and
THE BUSINESS CASE FOR SALES AND MARKETING CONTENT MANAGEMENT
70% of a Sales Rep’s Time Not Spent Selling - Source IDC, McKinsey, SiriusDecisions
The three biggest time sucks are:
1.Presentation Building - Searching, compiling, finalizing
2. Updating CRM -Meeting Notes, Updating Opportunity Records
3. Navigating Multiple Platforms - CRM, Databases, Email, Knowledge Repositories, Intranets, etc.)
IDC and McKinsey report that sales reps each waste 10 to 20 hours per week on unproductive tasks (re-creating existing slides, curating materials for presentations, searching through documents for the right content to send to prospects).
B2B companies’ inability to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies has cost them upwards of 10% or more of revenue per year, or $100 million for a billion-dollar company. Source: Bizsphere
Because reps spend only 30% of their time selling, with the remainder of their time spent on admin tasks like updating CRM and looking for content to include in a sales presentation, an effective sales and marketing content management can help your business scale and gets your reps to the content that closes the quickest.