Launch frameworks vary wildly depending on some fundamental questions:
- Is your company well-known or resource-rich?
- Are you B2C or B2B?
- Do you have a Freemium offering?
- How long do you expect the sales cycle to be?
Once you establish answers to these questions you can more effectively choose:
- Which channels are viable
- Which channels are likely to be successful
- What channels you need to put the most effort towards
- Which tactics will best drive engagement through those channels
When you've created a plan you can start to work backwards. At that point you would find the hard dependencies within your organization and plot out dates to make sure everything is set up correctly for the launch.
Here is an example of a (basic) launch roadmap and a channel prioritization matrix.