Back to Your Feed
How would you define the difference between metrics, analytics, and insights in the context of Account Based Marketing strategy?
- Metrics are the data points you are measuring the success of the campaign around (either leading or lagging indicators). This can be # of meetings from your account list, # of campaign responses per account, # of impressions or CTR by account, # of opportunities, $ pipeline generated, etc. Any goal you’re measuring yourself on.
- Analytics is the process of acquiring Insights from the data. Why should the team care about these metrics?
- How are those metrics driving the business?
- What action items can we take from here?
- How will we apply these learnings to future campaigns?
In the context of account-based marketing (ABM), metrics, analytics and insights are related, but not the same.
- Metrics are the quantitative measurements that you’ll use to track the performance of your ABM campaigns. For example, target accounts reached, booked demos and generated pipeline would all be metrics to track.
- Analytics refers to the process of analyzing the data and trying to glean insights from the data such as how engaged are your target accounts. This can also refer to tools and techniques.
- Insights refer to the actionable learnings you have teased out from the data.
All of these components are critical to an ABM strategy and are equally important.
Related Ask Me Anything Sessions
Snowflake Head of Enterprise Marketing, India, Kanchan Belavadi on Account Based Marketing Strategy
July 5 @ 10:00AM PST
Albertsons Companies Director, B2B Marketing, Sierra Summerson Account Based Marketing Strategy
January 19 @ 10:00AM PST
Branch VP International Marketing & Demand Generation, Dan Ahmadion Account Based Marketing Strategy
September 8 @ 10:00AM PST
Top Demand Generation Mentors
Snowflake Head of Enterprise Marketing, India
Observable Head of Growth Marketing
Demandbase Head of Digital Marketing
Freshworks Senior Director - Global Demand Generation
Cloudflare Head of Digital Marketing
Atlassian Head of Enterprise Demand Generation
Qualia Director, Demand Generation
Salesforce Sr. Director, Demand Generation
Moon Kang 🚀
Front Head of Digital Demand Generation & ABM
Morningstar Global Head of Demand Generation
What are the best questions to keep top of mind when conducting a content audit?Can you provide a good example of how messaging evolves as a customer moves through the funnel?Do you use intent data in your ABM model? In your experience, who are the most critical internal partners during the course of creating an Account Based Marketing strategy?What are the best questions to keep top of mind when conducting a content audit?As you assess the performance of an Account Based Marketing campaign in progress, which reports are important to take action on immediately?