Currently, I am building a CI from scratch. Honestly, I have started with a goals document, which outlines what is a CI at Mode. My goals document included -
(1) Crowdsourcing - which is a Slack channel. This has already existed at Mode, but I applied some rules of engagement to make it more insightful and actionable
(2) Feature by feature comparison, including any services like support and customer service
(3) Positioning and messaging intel and even web traffic or SEO if possible
(4) What are the strategies set by competition against us
(5) Feedback on review websites
Three major deliverables will come out.
An executive report that goes to the management team outlining where we stand. (I think of it as an equity analyst report with a marketing lens)
A subreport for my product team to influence the product roadmap and timeline
And a competitive program for sales enablement, which goes beyond battle cards.